Technical Editors and Writers
Create, Simplify, and Clarify Your Technical Reports and Technical Documentation
Our technical writing and editing specialists have the knowledge, skills, and experience to help you create and refine your printed and electronic documents. Your technical writing reinforces your professional credibility as an expert in your field. Your technical products and research deserve to be supported by the clearest, friendliest, and most intuitive documentation. Whether your project requires original material created from your notes and other input or an update or polish of your existing material, our technical writers and technical editors have the knowledge, skills, and experience to help you create and refine all your printed and electronic documents.
Our technical writing and technical editing specialists make sure your technical documents are linguistically correct and precise. We can also help you transform complex technical jargon into accessible, easy-to-follow instructions and information. Our technical writers and technical editors will ensure that your clients, customers, associates, and staff have the usable technical documentation they need to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently.
Writing and Editing Experience
Linda has provided developmental editing, APA editing, substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading services to clients around the world:
- More than 50 dissertations for Ph.D. candidates
- More than 200 master’s theses and academic submissions for grad students
- Fiction and nonfiction for published authors, including novels, short stories, poetry, religion, and philosophy
- Business and marketing collateral for Fortune 500 companies
- More than 100 peer-reviewed articles for academic and scientific journals
- More than 35 IT books published by Sybex, Ventana, Macmillan, and Sage
- Research reports and surveys for government organizations
- Website content, business plans, corporate overviews, and case studies
- An efficient, versatile, award-winning editor, Linda is an expert in APA and Chicago Manual styles, is experienced with MLA and AP styles, and is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
Copy Editor, Proofreader, Ghostwriter, Writer
Poetry, Creative Nonfiction, Biographies, Memoirs, Martial Arts, Technical Writing and Editing
JEFF KARON, Ph.D., is a former English professor, writer, editor, poet, technical editor, teacher, and consultant with over 25 years of experience working with writers of all skill levels. While part of the Book Editing Associates network, he has edited over 100 books, articles, stories, poems, and Ph.D. dissertations across a broad range of disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, and business. His specialties include general fiction, biography/memoir, literary criticism, philosophy, poetry criticism, creative writing (including poetry), technical and business writing, journal articles, and scholarly books.
Editing and Formatting Services
Copyediting: grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency, style
Line editing: sentence structure and clarity
Substantive editing: organization and structure
APA, Chicago, MLA, or according to university or publisher guidelines
Chicago to APA conversions
Tables, figures, and equations
LaTeX document editing
Holly Monty has been a dissertation editor, nonfiction book editor, and self-publishing consultant for more than a decade. Holly has edited 200+ nonfiction books published by top university and academic presses, including Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press, MIT Press, University of Minnesota Press, University of New Mexico Press, John Wiley, W. W. Norton, Sage, Springer, Elsevier, Routledge, Greenwood, ABC-CLIO, Praeger, Cengage, and Teacher Ideas.