Jeff Karon, PhD – Book Editor – Poetry Editor
Copy Editor, Ghostwriter, Writer, Published Poet
Poetry, Creative Nonfiction, Biographies, Memoirs, Martial Arts, Technical Writing and Editing
JEFF KARON, Ph.D., is a former English professor, writer, editor, poet, technical editor, teacher, and consultant with over 25 years of experience working with writers of all skill levels. While part of the Book Editing Associates network, he has edited over 100 books, articles, stories, poems, and Ph.D. dissertations across a broad range of disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, and business. His specialties include general fiction, biography/memoir, literary criticism, philosophy, poetry criticism, creative writing (including poetry), technical and business writing, journal articles, and scholarly books.
Dissertation Editor, Website Designer, Published Poet
Jeff has guided graduate students in courses that include creative writing, technical writing, literature, philosophy, rhetoric, ethics, and logic. He is a board member, website designer, and webmaster for a literary press and a published writer and poet. Jeff is a scholar in subjects such as literary criticism, linguistics, and ethics. He is a published expert on how to help students and teachers prevent plagiarism and academic dishonesty.
One writer he worked with summed up Jeff Karon’s mission: “He showed me how beautiful written language can be and reinvigorated in me the writing spirit I had nearly lost.”
Technical Writing and Editing
Jeff Karon has 20 years of experience as a technical writer and editor, improving and polishing professional documents in the sciences, academics, and business. His technical writing and editing credentials include technical reports, proposals, manuals, articles, books, dissertations, theses, websites, and product descriptions. His clients are individuals and organizations from around the world that seek help refining and polishing their projects while maintaining professional and disciplinary standards.
His extensive work as a technical communication teacher and trainer ensures that he understands and articulate his clients’ needs. I also am an expert in document design as well as web and learning design standards, knowledge which is essential for effective 21st century technical writing and editing.
His clients’ success stories include accepted dissertations, model university accreditation reports, quality enhancement plans put into place, published articles and books, and successful government contracts awarded based on complex RFPs. He is a member of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals and a contributor to APMP’s professional journal.
Editing Services (and sample titles)
• Fat Tam
• Dance of the Paper Lanterns
• The Tin Alamo
• Intrigue Theory: Love Dynamics
• Chasing the Artificial Rainbow
• The Legacy of Women Yiddish Writers
• Celebrations in New Haven: 375 Years of Elm City History
• Wisconsin Post Office Murals: A Look at 35 Of Wisconsin’s New Deal Post Office Buildings and Murals
• Homeschooling: Critical Thinking, Reading, Writing, Math, and Other Challenges
• Human Rights, Human Value: Volume I, A Semi-quantitative Model and Methodology
• Contesting Nietzsche
• Hume and Hutton: The Intersection that Inaugurated Modern Science and Detached Religion
• What is Christian Democracy? Politics, Religion and Ideology
• Shakespeare Just for Fun: Some Old-Timers Revisit the Bard
THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
• Dynamic Mediated Interaction: An Approach to Study the Role of Media Use in Team Interaction
• Healing the Effects of Medical Errors: A Vision of Justice as Wholeness
• Burton and Orientalism
• Analysis of the Marketing Efficacy of the Arts: The LG Group
• A Study of the Relationship between Teacher Use of Benchmark Assessment Data and Student Math Grades
• Reconfiguring the Narrative of Subject Formation in Postwar Korean Fiction
Areas of Assistance:
• Guide, develop, revise, proofread, and copyedit manuscripts through all writing stages;
• Understand you as a writer and thus ensure that you will be proud of our collaboration;
• Provide a detailed critique/evaluation of your manuscript;
• Help you develop a topic;
• Organize content;
• Edit and revise for development;
• Edit and revise for clarity;
• Increase the economy, precision, action, and rhythm of your writing;
• Proofread and copyedit;
• Ensure format consistency;
• Develop blogs, website, and general web content;
• Collaborate and mentor as both editor-to-writer and writer-to-writer.
Book Editor Reviews and Student Feedback
“Jeff Karon was a real pleasure to work with, and he contributed significantly to the quality of my final draft. He was also very prompt and precise in his communication. I should also say that I chose Jeff as my preferred editor because of his background in philosophy, rhetoric, ethics, and logic (besides being a Ph.D. in English), because my manuscript requires that the editor be able to follow an argument.” – Frank Armstrong
“Jeff brought a fresh perspective, was easy to talk to, and is comfortable addressing different types of writing, and different levels of the editing process. Jeff did exactly what I asked him to do to my manuscript, in a timely manner.” – Laura A. Macaluso, PhD
“I am very satisfied with Dr. Karon’s work. Maybe most noteworthy, he clearly understood the content of the article, which is not at all self-evident and was very helpful. I accepted practically all of his changes to the article.” – Professor, Northwestern University
“I contracted Dr. Jeff Karon to copy edit my doctoral dissertation on philosophy and ethics. Not only was the quality of his work outstanding, his enthusiasm about creative writing and his encouragement carried me through very difficult times at the end of my program. I truly appreciated his comments and suggestions, many of which I will continue to work with as I am preparing a manuscript from my dissertation to be published as a book. Without reservation, Dr. Karon has my highest recommendations. He showed me how beautiful written language can be and reinvigorated in me the writing spirit that I had nearly lost in the strategic aspects of the dissertation process. It was a perfect fit both in terms of the topic and personality.