Writing and Editing Experience
Linda has provided developmental editing, APA editing, substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading services to clients around the world:
- More than 50 dissertations for Ph.D. candidates
- More than 200 master’s theses and academic submissions for grad students
- Fiction and nonfiction for published authors, including novels, short stories, poetry, religion, and philosophy
- Business and marketing collateral for Fortune 500 companies
- More than 100 peer-reviewed articles for academic and scientific journals
- More than 35 IT books published by Sybex, Ventana, Macmillan, and Sage
- Research reports and surveys for government organizations
- Website content, business plans, corporate overviews, and case studies
- An efficient, versatile, award-winning editor, Linda is an expert in APA and Chicago Manual styles, is experienced with MLA and AP styles, and is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
Developmental editor, copy editor, & writer with a background in criminal law and academics.
Karin specializes in apocalyptic fiction, autobiography/memoir, literary, police procedural, science fiction, thrillers, and true crime.
Karin Graham has a BA in comparative literature, a JD from William and Mary Law School, and a certificate in editing from the University of California Berkeley. If your novel has fight scenes or involves police procedures or the law, Karin is your specialist. Karin is a trained martial artist, with a third degree black belt in tae kwon do and years of training in hapkido. Karin is uniquely able to evaluate the realism of your fight scenes. She has accompanied police on search warrants, observed autopsies, and been to countless crime scenes. She has training in arson prosecution and investigations and has given lectures to investigators on the subject of search and seizure law and to college students about the insanity defense. She can help add realism to your writing.
Developmental Editing, Line Editing, Copy Editing, Rewriting, Ghostwriting, Evaluations
A professional editor for over thirty years, E. M. Levy has edited books for Doubleday, Random House, Princeton University Press, Macmillan, Paulist Press, Prentice-Hall, SUNY Press, Scholastic, Scholars Press, Praeger, Solution Tree Press, and many other publishers and private individuals. His projects have received publishing and professional awards. For over seventeen years, he worked in-house as a senior editor focusing on developmental and substantive editing.
With a strong academic background, an advanced degree from Columbia University, and experience teaching at both secondary and college levels, he is at home in the social sciences and humanities. He has edited important works of religious scholarship. In the area of general nonfiction, he has worked in a variety of genres, including biography, public affairs, spirituality, and memoir. Many authors who are nonnative English speakers have turned to him to perfect their English written expression.
- Association of Academic Publishers Distinguished Achievement Award
- Foreword Magazine's Book of the Year
- Independent Publishers Book Award
- Learning Magazine's Teacher's Choice Award
- V. O. Key Award of the Southern Political Science Association
Technical and Scientific Editing Services
Dr. Laurence has over 30 years of combined experience in academia and in the private research and development business sector. In addition to a bachelor’s degree in Biology and Chemistry, he obtained his MS in Toxicology from the University of Kentucky and his Ph.D. in Comparative Biochemistry from the University of California, Berkeley. Throughout his career, he has mentored many students and employees. He has a particularly effective style of teaching and enjoys working with graduate students at all phases of their studies from project inception and design to obtaining their degree.