JEFF is a former English professor, is a consultant, writer, poet and editor of creative nonfiction, biographies/memoirs, novels, short stories, poetry, articles, self-help books, business reports, proposals, dissertations, and theses.
JEFF KARON can provide manuscript evaluation, organizational, developmental, and substantive editing, copyediting andproofreading, and ghostwriting.He can help develop blogs, websites (he is an Adobe Muse expert), and general web content. He will work to see your writing through your eyes, your values, and your needs.
Jeff has helped over one thousand writers from students to professionals for over twenty-five years become powerful writers. He has developed, edited, revised, and proofread novels, essays, stories, poems, articles, reports, theses, dissertations, proposals, and textbooks. His Ph.D. is in English with a specialization in Rhetoric and Composition, a choice that signals his devotion to clarity and power in language. Prior to his years as an English professor, he studied and taught philosophy, critical thinking, and logic, publishing in these fields as well as in literary studies. He also is a published essayist and poet. As an editor and teacher, his mission is aptly summarized by a writer he worked with: "Jeff showed me how beautiful written language can be and reinvigorated in me the writing spirit I had nearly lost." His life-long interest in the martial arts translates into helping writers achieve true power in their writing.
LINDA TROLLINGER has been a writer and editor for nearly 30 years and has edited thousands of documents for clients around the world.
She is a versatile award-winning copy editor with a diverse array of experience:
- Business and marketing collateral for Kelly Services, Citibank, Bayer, and Fortune 500 companies
- Technical documentation for IBM, Symantec, Dell, Adobe, Seicor, Sybex, and Ventana
- Fiction and nonfiction for published authors, including novels, short stories, poetry, religion, and philosophy
- Academic editing, master's theses, and dissertations
- Website content, business plans, corporate overviews, and resumes
- Developmental editing, substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading
MARIE VALENTINE's editorial work ranges from conceptual and developmental brainstorming to copy editing and proofreading, as well as the nitty-gritty of print and Web production. She has worked in acquisitions and production for the renowned new age book publisher Llewellyn Worldwide. She has also served as a news editor and writer, business technology editor, poet and small press publisher of experimental works by contemporary writers. Marie will use her knowledge in literature and nonfiction to clarify your thoughts with minimal alteration, but she is also open to experiments and will adapt easily and quickly to your perceived vision and goals. A flexible editor and proofreader with a light touch, Marie will help your prose shine while keeping your personal style intact.
- 10+ years proofreading experience (print, web, digital, books, magazines, news weeklies, chapbooks and more)
- 6 years business and technology editing experience
- 5 years book manuscript editing experience, both fiction and nonfiction
- 4 years publisher acquisitions experience - Ruminator (small press), university press (U of MN), commercial press (Llewellyn). She knows what publishers look for in a book.
- 9 years academic editing and formatting
- Content organization
- Structural and substantive editing
- Formatting and style editing (MLA, Chicago, APA, AP, project-specific)
- Copy editing