For nearly 30 years, LINDA BENNETT has helped hundreds of students and professionals ensure that their submissions to academic institutions and professional journals are cogent, understandable, and well written.
Linda is an APA expert and is highly skilled in adapting edits to adhere to institution-specific style guides for colleges, universities, government offices, and research organizations. She is meticulous, detail-oriented, and focused on helping clients meet and exceed their goals. She has provided APA editing, layout formatting, citation and reference formatting, and copyediting services to clients around the world:
- More than 50 dissertations for Ph.D. candidates
- More than 200 academic submissions and master’s theses for grad students
- More than 300 peer-reviewed articles for academic and scientific journals
- Research reports and surveys for government organizations
An efficient, versatile, award-winning editor, Linda is an expert in APA and Chicago Manual styles, is experienced with MLA and AP styles, and is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
MARIE VALENTINE's editorial work ranges from conceptual and developmental brainstorming to copy editing and proofreading, as well as the nitty-gritty of print and Web production. She has worked in acquisitions and production for the renowned new age book publisher Llewellyn Worldwide. She has also served as a news editor and writer, business technology editor, poet and small press publisher of experimental works by contemporary writers. Marie will use her knowledge in literature and nonfiction to clarify your thoughts with minimal alteration, but she is also open to experiments and will adapt easily and quickly to your perceived vision and goals. A flexible editor and proofreader with a light touch, Marie will help your prose shine while keeping your personal style intact.
- 10+ years proofreading experience (print, web, digital, books, magazines, news weeklies, chapbooks and more)
- 6 years business and technology editing experience
- 5 years book manuscript editing experience, both fiction and nonfiction
- 4 years publisher acquisitions experience - Ruminator (small press), university press (U of MN), commercial press (Llewellyn). She knows what publishers look for in a book.
- 9 years academic editing and formatting
- Content organization
- Structural and substantive editing
- Formatting and style editing (MLA, Chicago, APA, AP, project-specific)
- Copy editing