Christian Fiction and Nonfiction
Rosanne's love of the written word began with her passion for books, but her knowledge of punctuation, grammar, diction and style comes from a lifetime of exceptional training. A poet herself, Rosanne understands the blood, sweat and tears that go into writing.
She gives each author's work the care it deserves, drawing on her diverse life experiences and knowledge in many fields like period clothing, genetics, all aspects of theater, Celtic legends, rustic camping, the martial arts, architecture and languages (Latin, French, Anglo-Saxon, Middle English, a little Welsh and Japanese).
Add that to the marketplace savvy she learned working in publishing houses, and you have an experienced editor who can polish a manuscript and get it past that crucial first reader!
- Copyediting, developmental editing
- Children's/young adult
- Science fiction and fantasy
- Christian, inspirational
DAVID A. CATHCART has worked as a writer, editor, publisher, journalist, screenwriter, blogger, copyeditor, copywriter, art director, and proofreader for almost 20 years. He has written, co-written and edited over 40 published books, both fiction and non-fiction. He has also written, co-written, and/or directed a dozen films and has shepherded dozens of writers through the editing and publishing process.
David's areas of specialty include Christian fiction and nonfiction, science fiction and fantasy, literary fiction, screenplays, creative nonfiction, business writing, how-to/self-help, autobiography and historical fiction. His clients appreciate his extensive knowledge of story structure, his attention to detail, his knowledge and experience of the marketplace and his friendly, honest approach.
Services offered: Writing, Ghostwriting, Manuscript Evaluation, Developmental/Substantive Editing, Copyediting, Proofreading, Book Proposal Development
Copy editing, and developmental editing of memoirs, fiction, non-fiction, self-help books, and religious writing.
Academic editing (especially in Political Science, Film Studies, English Literature, U.S. History)
David Henderson has built up a distinguished career as an editor, writer, and filmmaker. His flair for the written word, creative acumen, and meticulous attention to detail has earned him a loyal following of clients in need of copy editing, content editing, or ghostwriting.
After earning his master's degree in Journalism at Northwestern University, he spent five years working for an academic press and later for a major publishing house before committing to freelancing full-time. His long track record has given him exposure to a wide range of authors, writing styles, and genres, including academic manuscripts, short- and long-form fiction, business communications, scholarly non-fiction works, self-help books, Christian and other religious-themed writing, manuscripts by non-native English speakers, humor writing, exposés, legal materials, and private correspondence. As a self-taught, award-winning filmmaker, David is also an authority on screenwriting for short or feature films.
David has helped guide a number of manuscripts to publication and looks forward to continuing to apply his critical insight and editorial skills to help bring more projects to fruition. In addition to an eagle-eyed ability to spot errors of mechanics and a thorough comprehension of even the most arcane points of grammar, his best attribute as an editor lies in his proficient knowledge of what makes a piece of writing work (and, importantly, what doesn't). David relishes the process of working with the author to get at the heart of the substantive components of a novel, dissertation, or other text and finding ways to allow those parts to cohere into a functional, unified whole. Being an effective editor often also necessitates being an educator of sorts, especially when working with less experienced authors. Hence, David strives not only to revise and critique an author's work but also to imbue him or her with a deeper understanding of the craft, which also ensures that he or she understands my own editorial changes and suggestions. He has found this approach to be very effective for producing polished works of fiction as well as satisfied clients.
Christian - Fantasy - Memoirs
SANDRA JUDD is an editor, proofreader, and indexer with more than 20 years of experience in the publishing industry. Her clients have included university presses, large, mainstream publishers, and smaller presses and professional organizations.
She has edited or proofread over 300 published books, on topics that include politics, history, business, literary criticism, ethnic history, anthropology, science and medicine, industry manuals, memoirs, Christian and inspirational, parenting and relationships, humor, and fiction. She believes every person has a story to tell and she has a real passion for bringing these stories to print.
She has extensive experience in Christian publishing and has worked on books in nearly every area of the field, including devotionals, Bible commentaries, self-help topics, Bible dictionaries, young adult works, and fiction, including romance, mystery, historical, thriller, courtroom drama, and Amish. Her clients have included Servant Publications, Revell, Baker Books, Chosen Books, Zondervan, Thomas Nelson, Word, and Our Sunday Visitor, and she has been privileged to work with such distinguished authors as Martha Bolton, Patsy Clairmont, and Melody Carlson.
From helping the author to mold the bigger picture to perfecting the details of grammar and punctuation, she covers every aspect of the editing process, bringing a polish to each work.
"Sandy Judd is one of the best editors I've ever worked with. Her regular encouragement, gentle prodding, and knowledge of the industry were invaluable to me. She became more than an editor; she became a friend!" -- Martha Bolton, author of 84 books of humor and inspiration
"I kept Sandra Judd as busy as she’d let me while I was senior editor at Servant Publications (1995–2001). She produced high-quality work on time and at reasonable cost. I highly recommend her." - Heidi Hess Saxton, former senior editor, Servant Publications
"We are so impressed with Sandra’s editing skills, ethics and integrity. She is very easy to work with. Her editing and comments elevated my own work, and I will most definitely be using her to edit other manuscripts. On a personal note, I felt very safe giving Sandra my work, and she did not let me down!" - B. Scott
Selected Christian titles include:
- The Image of My Father by Lynne F. Scott (Angelwalk Valley Press, 2013)
- A Place in His Heart: A Novel (The Southold Chronicles Book 1) by Rebecca DeMarino (Revell, 2014)
- The Wasps and the Locusts by Rod Murphy (San Roderigo Publishing, 2013)
- Dying to Control: The 21st Century Dilemma by Leon R. Hayduchok (WestBow Press, 2012)
- Speak a Miracle: Finding the Voice of Inspiration in Tough Times by Michael Griffith (Acacia Tree Media, Inc., 2012)
- The Christmas Pony by Melody Carlson (Revell, 2012)
- Come What May by Peter Edward Forbes (Advent Film Group, 2011)
- Everyday Prayers for a Transformed Life by Scotty Smith (Revell, 2011)
- The Search: A Novel (Lancaster County Secrets, Book 3) by Suzanne Woods Fisher (Revell, 2011)
- Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great by Rick Johnson (Baker Books, 2009)
- Tender Journey: A Story for Our Troubled Times by James P. Gill (Strang Communications, 2006)
- If the Tongue's a Fire, Who Needs Salsa: Cool Advice for Hot Topics from the Book of James by Martha Bolton (Servant Publications, 2002)
- Saying Goodbye When You Don't Want To: Teens Dealing with Loss by Martha Bolton (Servant Publications, 2002)
- The Mentor Quest: Practical Ways to Find the Guidance You Need by Betty Southard (Servant Publications, 2002)
- Proofreading and copyediting, to catch those tiny errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar and put the finishing touch on a manuscript
- Stylistic editing, to polish each sentence and make the text sing
- Substantive editing, to help groom the bigger picture, round out story lines, perfect plot, and develop characters
JOHN DAVID KUDRICK (BA in Theology / MA in Journalism—Professional Writing: Fiction).
You're sitting at your computer, smiling, feeling an incredible sense of satisfaction in your heart. After more hours than you can count, you've finally finished your novel – a story from deep within your soul that you want to share with the world.
But then the questions start hitting your mind: Is it the very best that it can be? Will anyone even want to read it? What should I do with it now?
With nearly twenty years of experience as an editor, John David understands the gamut of feelings that comes with getting your novel from your hard drive and into print. That's why he'd love to partner with you in getting your novel to the next level …
- Manuscript Critique – With a detailed evaluation document and annotated comments/suggestions throughout your manuscript, find out how you can make your good book even better.
- Content Editing – Guidance and hands-on editorial help in reorganizing and revising your story to make it even more powerful and engaging. Includes two rounds of editorial review.
- Copyediting – Line-by-line editing to take care of grammar, word usage, tone, format, and more. Includes two rounds of editorial review.
- Proofreading – A final polish to clean up typos, inconsistencies, misspellings, and punctuation problems. Includes two rounds of editorial review.
- Ghostwriting – Crafting of a book-length manuscript using existing material from author. Also includes a follow-up copyedit. (NOTE: Ghostwriting available for Christian living/spirituality book projects only.)