Catholic Topics | Catholicism
Polish provides luster, adds richness, and enhances beauty. It works on fingernails, shoes, furniture, even your car. Ginny Rogers specializes in polishing your writing, whether a book manuscript, a dissertation, or a business manual.
With experience in nonfiction, academic, business, and technical editing, Ginny targets word choice, style, tone, organization, flow, and development in addition to essential grammar, spelling, and punctuation. For fiction, she also addresses character motivation and growth, plot development, action, and consistency. One award-winning client noted:
If what I need is a skilled pen able to sharpen plot development while polishing the edges; to cause prose to leap off the page, gripping a reader with anticipation; and to excite imagination with blazing imagery, then I turn to Ginny Rogers. A highly talented editor and writer gifted with uncanny insight, Ginny Rogers is at the pinnacle of her craft.
Ginny's outside perspective frees you to focus on your ideas and follow your inspiration while she takes care of the details. Targeted assistance includes:
- Honing your individual writing style.
- Examining organization, flow, and progression.
- Editing for clarity and consistency.
- Proofreading for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
- With fiction, assessing characters, their motivations, and their actions.
- Refining descriptive word choices.
- Clarifying publication goals.
- Analyzing how well the document meets those goals.
- Designing documents appropriate to both content and purpose.
- Maintaining style standards across documents.