Business Writing | Business Editing | Copy Writing
For nearly 30 years, LINDA BENNETT has helped hundreds of students and professionals ensure that their submissions to academic institutions and professional journals are cogent, understandable, and well written.
Linda is an APA expert and is highly skilled in adapting edits to adhere to institution-specific style guides for colleges, universities, government offices, and research organizations. She is meticulous, detail-oriented, and focused on helping clients meet and exceed their goals. She has provided APA editing, layout formatting, citation and reference formatting, and copyediting services to clients around the world:
- More than 50 dissertations for Ph.D. candidates
- More than 200 academic submissions and master’s theses for grad students
- More than 300 peer-reviewed articles for academic and scientific journals
- Research reports and surveys for government organizations
An efficient, versatile, award-winning editor, Linda is an expert in APA and Chicago Manual styles, is experienced with MLA and AP styles, and is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
Developmental editing, ghostwriting, and book proposals for submission
HENRY DENARD is a writer and editor of commercial mainstream nonfiction and fiction.
Denard co-founded and was editor in chief at a publishing company (distributed by Random House) where he oversaw (and often helped to write) dozens of books.
Denard’s bestselling nonfiction and fiction authors include Chris Wallace, Catherine Crier, Matthew Modine, Brett Favre, Joe Namath, and Steven Pressfield. Denard’s titles have been featured in “The New York Times” (including front page) and on “Sixty Minutes,” “Oprah,” “The Today Show,” and “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.”
Two of Denard’s published books sold to film studios for over $1 million.
Denard has also written for The New York Times Magazine and American Express’ Departures magazine.
On the film side, Denard produced The Conspirator, starring James McAvoy, Kevin Kline, and Robin Wright; directed by Robert Redford; Gone in 60 Seconds (Touchstone) starring Nicolas Cage; The Negotiator (Warner) starring Samuel Jackson and Kevin Spacey; and Citizen X (HBO). He is a member of the Writers Guild of America (WGA, the screenwriters’ union) and uses Final Draft when working with writers of screenplays.
Denard has experience with contract negotiations, film and book production, sales, distribution, marketing, publicity, and subsidiary rights.
He can assist with literary agent and publisher selection as well as the fiction or nonfiction submission package, including query letters and book proposals.
FLOYD LARGENT has written or edited literally thousands of business- and marketing-related items, and works with business clients daily. His repeat clients include one of America’s premier information marketers, an internationally-known motivational sales guru, and a top productivity expert who has published six books with major publishers (four of which Mr. Largent worked on, two quite extensively). He has also developed about one hundred audio transcripts into books, reports, and web content over the years.
In addition to copyediting, proofreading, ghostwriting, and developmental editing, Mr. Largent can provide publishing assistance (especially concerning manuscript mechanics, query letters, book synopses, and proposals), content development, manuscript evaluation, and mentoring services. He’s especially proud of his close relationships with the authors with whom he works, and always has time to talk writing.
Mr. Largent’s published business authors include:
- Ted Ciuba, a motivational guru for whom Mr. Largent has edited hundreds of brief transcripts, most for Mr. Ciuba’s Sub Four-Minute Mile program.
- T.J. Rohleder, a top information marketer for whom Mr. Largent has edited audio transcripts into dozens of books, articles, and reports that Mr. Rohleder has privately published and used in his own business.
- Kent Sayre, a marketer for whom Mr. Largent has edited and/or ghostwritten three privately published books: How to Choose Your Own Perfect Biz Opp, Speed Cash, and Real World Marketing.
- Laura Stack, one of the country’s top productivity experts and author of six books published by major houses. Mr. Largent has edited and otherwise assisted her with four of her books: The Exhaustion Cure (Broadway Books, 2008); SuperCompetent (Wiley and Sons, 2010); What To Do When There’s Too Much to Do (Berrett-Koehler, 2012); and Execution IS the Strategy (Berrett-Koehler, 2014).
- Developmental content editing
- Manuscript mechanics and formatting
- Book proposals
- Submission advice
Polish provides luster, adds richness, and enhances beauty. It works on fingernails, shoes, furniture, even your car. Ginny Rogers specializes in polishing your writing, whether a book manuscript, a dissertation, or a business manual.
With experience in nonfiction, academic, business, and technical editing, Ginny targets word choice, style, tone, organization, flow, and development in addition to essential grammar, spelling, and punctuation. For fiction, she also addresses character motivation and growth, plot development, action, and consistency. One award-winning client noted:
If what I need is a skilled pen able to sharpen plot development while polishing the edges; to cause prose to leap off the page, gripping a reader with anticipation; and to excite imagination with blazing imagery, then I turn to Ginny Rogers. A highly talented editor and writer gifted with uncanny insight, Ginny Rogers is at the pinnacle of her craft.
Ginny's outside perspective frees you to focus on your ideas and follow your inspiration while she takes care of the details. Targeted assistance includes:
- Honing your individual writing style.
- Examining organization, flow, and progression.
- Editing for clarity and consistency.
- Proofreading for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
- With fiction, assessing characters, their motivations, and their actions.
- Refining descriptive word choices.
- Clarifying publication goals.
- Analyzing how well the document meets those goals.
- Designing documents appropriate to both content and purpose.
- Maintaining style standards across documents.
MARIE VALENTINE's editorial work ranges from conceptual and developmental brainstorming to copy editing and proofreading, as well as the nitty-gritty of print and Web production. She has worked in acquisitions and production for the renowned new age book publisher Llewellyn Worldwide. She has also served as a news editor and writer, business technology editor, poet and small press publisher of experimental works by contemporary writers. Marie will use her knowledge in literature and nonfiction to clarify your thoughts with minimal alteration, but she is also open to experiments and will adapt easily and quickly to your perceived vision and goals. A flexible editor and proofreader with a light touch, Marie will help your prose shine while keeping your personal style intact.
- 10+ years proofreading experience (print, web, digital, books, magazines, news weeklies, chapbooks and more)
- 6 years business and technology editing experience
- 5 years book manuscript editing experience, both fiction and nonfiction
- 4 years publisher acquisitions experience - Ruminator (small press), university press (U of MN), commercial press (Llewellyn). She knows what publishers look for in a book.
- 9 years academic editing and formatting
- Content organization
- Structural and substantive editing
- Formatting and style editing (MLA, Chicago, APA, AP, project-specific)
- Copy editing