HANNAH EARTHMAN is an experienced editor whose clients' books have been sold to traditional publishers and have become Amazon best sellers. She frequently helps clients with multiple aspects of the publishing process, calling on her experience as not only a book editor but also a book reviewer (for Publishers Weekly and Kirkus Indie), acquisitions editor (for Sotto Voce Magazine and Scout & Engineer), and competition judge (for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award and PW's BookLife Prize in Fiction).
- Editing for a major traditional literary press, RosettaBooks, Medlar Publishing Solutions, Stober, Poltavets, & Associates, StratCom: Strategic Communications of Ukraine, Institutional Investor Journals, and a large national POD platform.
- Editing via the Publishers Weekly BookLife program.
- Helping a client sell her debut book on the science of creativity to ABC-Clio Publishing.
- Serving as a judge for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award and PW's BookLife Prize in Fiction.
- Interviewing authors, including ESPN's Matthew Berry, for Publishers Weekly.
- Interviewing authors, including Heidi W. Durrow and Amy Greene, for Her Circle Ezine.
- Serving on the team of acquisition editors for Sotto Voce Magazine.
- Reviewing books for Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews Indie, Foreword Reviews, and Her Circle Ezine.
- Developmental editing, in which she works with you to turn your written passages and ideas into a complete book by establishing a structure, identifying where more material is needed, organizing your existing material in the most effective way possible, providing a deep edit with some rewriting, etc.
- Content editing, in which she clarifies meaning, polishes language, and otherwise performs a line-by-line edit that doesn't substantially change the basics of structure or content but focuses instead on truly making the content shine.
- Copyediting, in which she edits your work to ensure parallel sentence structure, correct word usage, correctly placed modifiers, accurate punctuation, consistent number formatting, etc.
- Proofreading, in which she checks for any remaining errors (typos, misspellings, etc.) after all other editing has been performed.
- Manuscript evaluation, in which she thoroughly reviews your manuscript, providing high-level feedback regarding strengths and any needs (along with examples of how to improve areas of need); this can be helpful as either a first step of the editorial process or a final check before the manuscript is submitted to agents and/or acquisition editors.
- FREE query letter writing and advice regarding the post-edit publishing process for all clients.
"Writing a book requires more than just a writer; a great editor will make or break it. I was fortunate to discover one of the best in the business when it came time to have my book edited. I would like to take this opportunity to thank and heartily recommend Hannah Earthman for the wonderful work she did and look forward to working with her again." - Richard Carter (author of "For the Evil We Have Done")
"I used Hannah's outstanding editorial services for a previous book chapter, and because she did such a fantastic job, returned to her for editing and proofreading my 231-page doctoral dissertation. She performed her usual magic given a very limited time frame (mine, not hers): complete review, proofreading and edits, catching missing/erroneous source citations in APA, reworking grammatical sentence structure, creating the entire table of contents, cleaning up the bibliography, pagination and more. Given my limited time and fact that she had to make everything conform to stringent University formatting requirements (based on a 37-page manual), Hannah literally turned this over in a 24-hour period—twice! I ended up getting a few extra days, and Hannah willingly dove back in to do another review. I was able to do a final review and was completely reassured that Hannah's work was ready for University submission. The most important thing for me, in addition to superior editorial work, is partnering with someone who was able to work with my goofy and last-minute changes to deadlines/additional materials. Hannah was always calm, cool, collected, and had a wonderfully-supportive 'this will get done' attitude, which reassured me tremendously. I am planning some additional work on journal articles and future book chapters, and she will remain my go-to professional for that as well." - S.P. (Assistant Professor, University of Southern California)
"I was nervous about the process, and if my work would measure up to Hannah's impressive resume. She was prompt, professional, and gracious. Her comments and notes were clear, easy to follow, and extremely helpful." - LaTonya Richardson
"Hannah has such an impressive grasp of the industry. She is more than my editor but my new best friend, someone who knows the business and who gets my work and who guides me ever so wisely with a fresh and capable voice. I feel as though we share the pen together and for that I am most grateful." - Michael Sieve, script consultant at International Screenwriters' Association
"I wanted to take this moment to personally recommend Hannah to any writer who is in need of a copyeditor. Her proofing skills are exceptional, her citations are thorough, and her service rate is reasonably priced. Also, Hannah is expeditious with her turnaround time. My manuscript is nearly 200 pages and she had the work done within 72 hours. Hannah recently copyedited my newest manuscript and I couldn't be more pleased with the work she did." - Raymond Jacobs, executive director at Kontrapunktus
"Hannah is efficient, responsible and an excellent editor who knows her stuff! A good author always depends on a good editor to follow rules of grammar/punctuation that she might have forgotten along the way. That's where Hannah comes in. She knows both traditional and ebook publishing as well as her middle name. You can't go wrong. To boot, she is willing to go the extra mile to help with questions and last-minute details. I couldn't have asked for a better editor and can recommend Hannah highly." - Jane Leder
"She did an excellent job on my book I am trying to publish. It reads so much smoother now and she didn't change the meaning. I will definitely be using her again. Thank you Hannah." - Kerry Patton, author of Bipolar Express: I'm Riding the Rails Too!
"Hannah is an expert at providing timely, accurate, and comprehensive editing. She brings her passion, professionalism, erudition, and style to everything she works on!" - Olga Zbarskaya, PhD (http://ozcredo.com/)
"It was a wonderful experience to have met Hannah and have her do a comprehensive editing on my first novel. The feedback was thorough and the grammatical corrections, which there was an abundance of, was spot on. Overall, the work was excellent and I will definitely be using Hannah's services again." - Reuben Roach